ALS Walk For Memories

by | Jun 13, 2022 | News, Press, Trucking

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (also known as ALS) is a disease that gradually paralyzes people because the brain can no longer communicate with the muscles of the body that we can normally move at will.

This year, on Saturday June 4th, the ALS Society of Canada held another Walk to End ALS rally, which is the largest volunteer-led fundraiser for ALS Societies across Canada. The event took place in the beautiful Riverview Park in Belleville, Ontario.

This event is much more than a fundraiser for the people who participated. This walk connects the community to remember, celebrate, help, honor and be part of an important cause. 40% of the funds raised are used to conduct the best ALS research in the country and the other 60% of the funds will provide support to the families that are affected by ALS.

This help includes medical care, educational information, referrals to local health care and community services, assistance with equipment, home visits and support groups.In Canada, at least 3,000 people are known to have the disease.

Big Rig Wraps’ involvement and commitment in the support of people with ALS started 3 years ago, when the Brown family, founders and owners of LMB Transport Inc., reached out to us to have their trailer wrapped in honor of Lee Bryson, a very dear friend to their family and a former employee who was diagnosed with ALS. His young daughter Courtney Bryson, captain of team DAD (Lee) also attended the walk on June 4th.

The Brown family is the owner of the trailer that was displayed on the walk, and also a sponsor on the wrap alongside Cannifton Garage and Jones and Deslauriers Insurance Brokers. Harvey Putman, founder of Cannifton Garage and also a dear friend to Larry Brown, the founder of LMB transport Inc, also passed away from ALS many years ago. Harvey’s granddaughter Nadia Clark is a team leader for one of the teams that joined the event on June 4th as well.

We at Big Rig Wraps are grateful to support these families and companies in their efforts to raise awareness on ALS with the use of our transport truck advertising services.

Big Rig Wraps Transport Truck Advertising (Big Rig Wraps) is the premier provider of large-scale outdoor advertising on trucks up to 53 feet. Through a series of partnerships created with fleet truck owners, graphic designers, and certified installers, we make it possible and affordable for companies to take their advertising on the road, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally, even if they don’t own their own fleet. Learn more about Big Rig Wraps here.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This